Hi my name is Kaye Woodcock, Early Intervention Family Support Worker. I work with families within the Alsager Community Trust / EiP who may need a little extra support. Sounds good … but what sort of support can I offer?
What can I do?
I can help you to find information on
· Child behaviour and establishing routines
· Child development
· Parenting advice and courses
· Positive play/activities
· Accessing services and groups in your community
· Managing budgets/debt advice
· Housing issues
· Self-esteem and confidence
· Help to access training/employment
· Transition into school including moving onto High School
Most of all I can provide friendly, approachable and confidential support to help you find the right solutions.
Being a parent is not an easy job nor does it come with a guide. Parents play an important role in their children’s lives.
All families may have a need for support at some time or another and while most of the problems and concerns can be worked through within the family, some people may need a little extra help and support.
You might want support for issues like these:-
· “My child’s behaviour is getting out of hand”
· “I have got lots of questions about being a parent”
· “I’m worried about the next parent’s evening”
· “I just need someone I can talk to”
· “Since my partner left me things haven’t been the same”
· “I would like to know who else I can talk to about how my situation has changed”
· “I’m really worried about my daughter’s schooling this year. Her self esteem is a problem”
If you think this is for you then you can contact me through your child’s school and they will pass your contact details on to me or you can come along to a ‘drop-in’ which is held once every half term in school. Please ask in school for details.