This photograph shows Mill Lane, the site of our school, at the turn of the 19th Century.
The windmill that serves as our school emblem can clearly be seen.
Scroll down for more about our long history.
The school has a long and interesting past. The original school was opened in 1845 in the building that is now the Methodist Church in School Lane, Higher Bebington. The number of pupils attending the school began with around 40 and rose to as high as 170 by 1913 when the present building was almost complete.
On 5th January 1914 our school, then known as "Higher Bebington Council School" was opened. There were two separate departments for Infants and Juniors. The school is now purely a Junior School with pupils aged 7 – 11 years.
The school has Log Books dating back to the original building, and some enlightening Punishment Books!
Extracts from both are reproduced below, along with a selection of photographs from different eras. If you have any information or more details about any of the images, please let us know!