The purpose of homework is:
- To encourage students to develop the skills, confidence and motivation needed for lifelong independent learning
- To consolidate skills and understanding
- To extend learning beyond the classroom e.g. through additional reading and research
- To manage particular demands, such as GCSE deadlines
Click here to access a guide to the school’s homework policy.
- Doing learning activities at home - not necessarily helping with homework, but keeping to homework routines and offering a hand where needed.
- Taking an interest and supporting learning at home - not repeating school work but reinforcing it with fun family learning like trips, books and games.
- Keeping track of how well your child is doing and encouraging and supporting them to set their goals high enough to reach their full potential. All assessment data can be accessed through the Parental Gateway.
- Every lunchtime in C15
- D&T computer room open first half of lunch every day except Tuesdays
- IT: Mon to Thursday, lunchtime and after school
- LRC: Mon,Wed and Thu 3.35 - 4.30, Tue 3.05 - 3.35
Click on the links below to access the homework policy.
If you have issues relating to homework please contact the subject teacher in the first instance and then if the issue is not resolved the Director of Teaching and Learning (DTL). If you have issues across several subject areas please contact the Learning Manager.
To contact us please click here.
The links below take you to generic information from the Department of Education about how to support your child’s learning at home and links to useful websites.
Please e-mail any comments / suggestions about the new homework pages to Mrs Burstow (Assistant Principal).