Capenhurst village saw many changes in 1872 following its inclusion in Chester rural district, and at that time a small school was established in converted farm buildings. The present school was built in 1893 and saw subsequent enlargement in 1912.
It has undergone many changes and developments and has grown over the years. Today the building comprises four classrooms, which are bright and well resourced.
The school offers high quality education for all children from 4 – 11 years of age. Children are mainly arranged in mixed age groups and are taught through a broad, balanced and creative curriculum.