At Fallibroome each year group follows a themed programme of study during some of their tutorial periods. This is intended to develop their skills and knowledge of the work place, with particular emphasis on reflection in Year 9 and Year 11 to help students select their option choices for Key Stage 4 and 5. The programme is designed to provide each individual student with the skills to make well informed realistic decisions about their learning and career opportunities.
At school students can speak with Connexions Advisers who help with career options, application/CV's, further study options or employment opportunities. Individual one to one appointments are available lasting around 40 minutes, or students can just drop-in to book appointments.
Connexions offers all students support up to the age of 19, and those with special needs up to the age of 25.
There is an up to date Careers Library in A14 where students can find access to on-line resources, ranging from choosing your Careers to Social and Personal Advice.
The Connexions Direct website has now become part of Directgov Young People. All relevant content for young people can now be found on the Directgov website. For more information click here (PDF).
- Year 7: Moving On to identify simple change in the workforce
- Year 8: The Real Game to introduce balancing a lifestyle
- Year 9: The Reflections Programme to support Options choices
- Year 10: The Expectations Programme to introduce the world of work and support students work experience placements
- Year 11: The Horizons Programme to introduce financial planning and post 16 decision making.
- Year 12: and 13 The Post-18 Pathways Programme to support future planning.
To contact us please click here.
- Mrs J Simm
Director of Teaching and Learning
- Mrs L Cummings
- Mrs T Ross
School Careers Advisor