Information and Communication Technology (ICT) is taught throughout the school by a specialist teacher and students in Key Stage 3 receive at least 2 hours of discrete ICT a week.
Students in Years 10 & 11 are taught ICT for 2.5 hours per week. These students are studying for their OCR Nationals Level 2.
The aims of the department are:
· To provide pupils with opportunities to develop their ICT capabilities and apply their skills in a series of real-world scenarios.
· To allow pupils to gain confidence and enjoyment from their ICT activities and to develop skills which enhance and extend their learning in other curriculum areas.
· To develop pupils’ awareness of the use of computers in a variety of contexts both in the classroom and in everyday life.
· To provide pupils with the opportunity to receive accreditation and qualifications that will benefit them when they leave.
· To encourage pupils to become independent users of ICT.
The ICT suite has recently been updated with 6 new computers for students to work on.
It also benefits from a wide range of software that enables the department to keep up-to-date with the National Curriculum and promote enjoyment of the subject.