Meet The Staff
At Brierley Primary we aim to :
Ensure that children are safe in a welcoming, friendly and happy place where they feel secure; a place where good behaviour is the norm, where learners grow in confidence and independence and where enjoyment and achievement is the right of every child.
Be an inclusive school where every child is given equality of opportunity and treated fairly.
- Promote excellent standards of achievement by providing teaching and learning of the highest quality.
- Involve children in monitoring learning and progress in order to inform planning for next steps.
- Provide well for learner’s’ physical, mental, social, spiritual, moral and cultural needs.
- Present a broad and balanced creative curriculum in an exciting and imaginative manner with lots of opportunities for connections between subjects, for first hand experience, practical work, investigation, team work and learning through play.
- Teach basic skills very well.
- Encourage a skills based approach to learning.
- Enrich the curriculum through the use of visits, visitors and the use of the wider environment.
- Give responsibility to learners.
- Make parents, the community and outside agencies partners with the school and involve them in the evaluation of its success.
Teaching and learning at Brierley Primary School is designed to ensure:
Click here to meet the staff who strive to meet these aims.