We believe that school uniform is important.
v It looks smart
v It wears well
v It contributes to a sense of belonging
v It gives a common purpose
v It fosters a feeling of pride
At St Francis wearing school uniform is compulsory.
· Navy Blue skirt or pinafore dress
· Grey trousers (long or short) for the boys
· White, blue or gold school polo shirt.
· Royal Blue school sweatshirt / cardigan
· White or navy socks for girls, grey socks for boys
· White or navy blue tights
· Black shoes (not trainers)
· Suitable winter coat (reversible school logo coats are available from Whittakers and Grays uniform stockists.)
· Hair accessories to match school uniform (blue, yellow, navy, white, black)
As above with the following changes:
· Blue check dress with white socks may be worn by the girls.
· White T-shirt
· Black shorts
· Velcro Trainers (KS1) / Trainers (KS2) – non marking soles.
· Tracksuit or suitable jogging pants and top for outside
· Hair fastenings - preferably to be blue
PE equipment should be kept in a draw string bag in the school cloakroom.
· Swimsuit / Swimming Trunks
· Swimming cap
Sweatshirts, Polo Shirts,
PE T-Shirts, Coats, Pinafores, Summer Dresses, Vests, Hats, Bags etc
All items to be named please
Items of jewellery can cause serious accidents. Therefore, children are asked not to wear jewellery (necklaces, earrings, bracelets, friendship bands) in school for safety reasons. Watches are permitted.
Children will NOT be allowed to participate in P.E. / Games / Swimming lessons if they are wearing any sort of the above items because of potential injury to themselves or other children.
Watches should be removed and long hair should be tied back for P.E. and Games. If earrings are left in they must be removed or covered with plasters or tape.
It is recommended that children who have their ears pierced should do so at the beginning of the summer holiday. This will enable adequate healing time before returning to school at the start of the school year.