The school aims to encourage pupils to:
· Have a lasting interest in, and enjoyment of, learning about the past.
· Develop a sense of time (chronology), recognising how time is measured and that some things
change and some things stay the same;
· Investigate how and why events happen and how they may be linked;
· Consider what it was like to live in different periods and what motivated the people who lived then;
· Recognise that there are some things we can never know about the past and that history has to be
constructed from evidence that has survived;
· Understand that people interpret the past differently and use different ways to present their ideas.