In Year 9 students have three lessons of Geography a fortnight. Homework is intended to extend and develop students' knowledge and understanding of the topics covered during lessons. A substantial homework will be set for students once every three lessons.
- Research of a particular topic (information found should be written in students own words and not simply copy and pasted from the internet).
- Creative tasks such as designing posters or leaflets.
- Revision for tests.
- Extended writing such as a speech or letter.
- Reflective questions.
- Acting upon advice given to make improvements to assessed work.
During Year 9 in Geography we have a particular aim to develop students’ skills of independent enquiry, creative thinking, self-manager, group work and effective participation. Homework tasks are intended to support students in the development of these areas where appropriate.
- Keep up-to-date with current affairs.
- Keep looking at your environment.
- Watch relevant TV programmes.
If you have any queries please contact the class teacher or the DTL for this subject.
To contact us please click here.
||Topics to be assessed
|1st half term
|2nd half term
|3rd half term
|4th half term
||Levels of Development
|5th half term
|6th half term
||Population and migration
To access our assessment or revision files please log in.