At Fallibroome we aim to deliver a 'world class' curriculum fit for the 21st Century, which meets the individual needs of the students and the collective needs of sthe wider community, both locally and globally. As such the curriculum rarely stands still. Internal desires and external pressures ensure constant reflection and renewal.
Fallibroome's curriculum development focuses on how we learn and aims to develop the skills required to be effective and efficient learners. As such we seek to develop a competency based curriculum within the subject disciplines, where the importance of the learning is highlighted as well as the content of the subject. Is it not fundamentally important that we learn how to learn, rather than focus on exactly what we learn?
Currently a 'Wild Topics' pilot is being undertaken across KS3 to develop a more challenging and relevant approach to learning. As well as this the school has invested heavily in Assessment for Learning, Cooperative Learning and Behaviour for Learning in order to create a curriculum to best meet the many, and varied, needs of the student body.
- The new National Curriculum is being rolled out to Year 8;
- New GCSEs have been introduced in most Curriculum areas;
- Creative and Media, Business and Finance & Health and Society Diplomas have been introduced by the East Cheshire Partnership (ECP);
- A new ACTION Curriculum has been introduced to meet the needs of an identified group within Year 9.
- New GCSEs in English and Maths will be introduced;
- Public Service and Sports Diplomas will be offered by the ECP.