A reminder of the agreed approach is that schools will:
- Prioritise those policies that must be EIA'd prior to 6th April 2012 and complete an EIA.
- Conduct EIAs on the remaining policies at their next review.
- Begin work on Equality Objectives so that they are ready for Governing Bodies to review and adopt in FGB meetings in the spring term (deadline for publication of objectives 6th April 2012).
In support of this, Children's Services' Policy, Planning and Performance team will:
- Deliver training to Governors via the training schedule.
- Offer support to schools as requested around completion or scrutiny of EIAs. During the forums the possibility of schools meeting up to complete an EIA on a fairly standard policy as a workshop style event was discussed. Should any schools wish to pursue this please contact us.
- Ensure that any policies or procedures issued from the Local Authority are accompanied by a completed EIA, which schools can scrutinise and adopt with the policy - whilst ensuring it is amended if applicable to reflect the individual school.
If you have any queries, then please do not hesitate to contact either Beth Speak on (01254) 666421 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.