Blackburn with Darwen
Information for Schools
Moderation meetings for the Early Years Foundation Stage Profile (View Document)
Free Regional Governor Training workshops in March
I have been asked by the National College to publicise this free training workshop. It is intended for Chairs of Governors and Head teachers. Please could you bring the attached flyer to the attention of your chair? (View Document)
This is a reminder to all schools of their duties under the Equality Act 2010, following on from the presentations at both the Primary and Secondary Headteacher Forums - specifically around Equality Impact Assessments (EIA) and Equality Objectives.
A reminder of the agreed approach is that schools will:
- Prioritise those policies that must be EIA'd prior to 6th April 2012 and complete an EIA.
- Conduct EIAs on the remaining policies at their next review.
- Begin work on Equality Objectives so that they are ready for Governing Bodies to review and adopt in FGB meetings in the spring term (deadline for publication of objectives 6th April 2012).
In support of this, Children's Services' Policy, Planning and Performance team will:
- Deliver training to Governors via the training schedule.
- Offer support to schools as requested around completion or scrutiny of EIAs. During the forums the possibility of schools meeting up to complete an EIA on a fairly standard policy as a workshop style event was discussed. Should any schools wish to pursue this please contact us.
- Ensure that any policies or procedures issued from the Local Authority are accompanied by a completed EIA, which schools can scrutinise and adopt with the policy - whilst ensuring it is amended if applicable to reflect the individual school.
If you have any queries, then please do not hesitate to contact either Beth Speak on (01254) 666421 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
DRAFT School holiday pattern 2013/2014
Please see the draft holiday pattern for 2013/2014 (View Document) and (Excel Spreadsheet) along with the report (View Document) which will appear in this term’s standard reports booklet. I am seeking your comments on the proposed dates which once again have been recommended by the LGA and have been adopted by Lancashire County Council.
Please could you provide any comments by Friday 6 April? These will be considered alongside those made by elected members and teacher union colleagues. If you would like to discuss the dates or anything contained in the report please contact me on 666507 or Catherine Caton on 666456.
Information Regarding Privacy Notices for pupils in schools
The DfE has updated its suggested text and guidance for schools on the use of Privacy Notices. A link to the web site is below:
The local authority also issues its own privacy notice about how it will store and use data:
A copy of the suggested text to be used by schools is attached (View Document)