Year 12 students are taken off normal school timetable for 1 week each year in early June to undertake a work experience placement(s) to allow first hand experience of an intended career. The employer's report forms a crucial part of the student's school reference and the chosen placement may prove useful in reflecting the student's commitment to a particular course. In recent years students have secured placements in work areas which range from television production to physiotherapy and from journalism to accountancy.
The Learning Manager for Year 12 students provides advice and guidance, through presentations, tutorial activities and one to one sessions, if needed, and students are expected to use the information, tools and resources from these sessions to identify and secure suitable work experience placements.
In summary work experience can help students:
- To confirm their choice of profession.
- Support their application to university, if it directly relates to their choice of course
- Support future employment applications
- To network outside of the Fallibroome Community
- Develop new skills e.g. communication, teamworking, time management
Remember just as in the world of work, there are other students in the local area who are chasing the limited number of work experience placements. Therefore the emphasis is placed on the individual to explore options, make contact with the prospective employer, think outside the box and keep motivated.
Dates for work experience are 3rd June to 14 June 2013 inclusive.
- Students must submit a work placement form for each placement secured, to be signed by the employer, parent/guardian and the students
The following resources can be viewed/downloaded for this year.